jlcana Guest

Default 34 month old still in high chair

Anyone else out there with a child this old in a high chair? We have the FP Healthy Care chair that the height can be adjusted. We have tried to use a booster seat or just put him in a regular chair to no avail. We stopped using the tray a long time ago, just put the chair a little lower so it fits under our table and he's at the right height to eat.

DS absolutely refuses to sit in anything else! He would also rather sit in the chair at our table to play with Play-Doh, color etc instead of at his own child's table that's in the kitchen.

Any suggestions to get him out of this chair? DS #2 will be starting solids soon and I really don't want 2 highchairs in my kitchen!

Thanks!

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Andrew 9/28/04

brubeck Guest

Default RE: 34 month old still in high chair

WHen I wanted to get DD out of the high chair I hid it.Literally I folded it up and put it away where she couldn't see it. Then I produced a Cooshie Booster for her to sit on. Since there was no alternative, she sat there. After 2 or 3 months I took out the high chair and used it for DS. By this time DD enjoyed being on her own so much that it wasn't a big deal.

christic Guest

I agree with Helen, hide it! Alice has been in a Cooshie Booster for almost a year, but we sometimes get out her old highchair when friends with littler ones come over. As long as it's still out she insists on sitting in it, but as soon as we manage to get it back in the basement she doesn't miss it at all.

Chris

jlcana Guest

Thanks Chris and Helen! Why didn't I think of that? Hopefully if I put it away now DS 1 will forget about it when I start DS 2 on solids in a couple of months.

Lisa
    Christopher 3/18/02
    Andrew 9/28/04