Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default RE: Do your toddlers eat veggies?

DD likes corn, peas of any kind, broccoli and carrots, but her current fave is sweet potato fries. These things are great! They are in the frozen section next to regular french fries and you just bake them for 20 minutes - yummy and pretty nutritious.

Jennifer
    Mommy to Annabelle 9/03 & a little pumpkin due 10/05

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

DUp until 11.5 months DD ate everythig, including lost of veggies. Now DD is 13.5 months old, lives on fruits/breakfast food, hates meat and veggies. Occassionally DD will eat some avocado and peas and potatoes as fries but it's painful to watch/feed. Hope this is just a phase...
    K
    DD#1 05/09

Do you consider ketchup to be a vegetable? ;-) Seriously, DS#1 has eaten fewer and fewer veggies over the last 6 months. Corn is still a hit, and usually he will eat cucumbers, but that's about it, except for french fries and ketchup! He's even recently started boycotting tomato sauce on pasta, which until a few weeks ago was his all-time favorite food. Now he just wants things that are white and yellow (except for ketchup, so far).

Luckily he eats fruit (apples, bananas, peaches, melon) and we give him a multivitamin every day. We try not to push it, because food is his battleground of choice.
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

Judegirl Guest

So far, we've been lucky. Dd loves green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, asparagus, sweet potatoes and peas. She also eats jarred spinach (I can't figure out how to feed her cooked greens...?)

She's lukewarm on edamame and wasn't crazy about eggplant the last time I tried it. I haven't tried corn yet.I keep meaning to try Brussels Sprouts and artichokes, but don't know what to do with them!

I would think Martie would like caulifolwer if she likes broccoli - have you tried it? Also, avocado (I know it's a fruit) but it's super-healthy and my dd loves it.

HTH,
    Jude

My little guy is eating enough veggies for all of us. He loves, loves, loves brocolli in particular. He'll try other things and eat them too, cooked green beans, cooked carrots (Gerbers or frozen), potatoes, etc. We haven't really done corn yet. But he just adores brocolli. Put some steamed brocolli down (plain or with a tiny bit of butter) with minced up chicken and he will eat all the green stuff before he eats the chicken and then beg for our brocolli. I'm sure now that I posted how good he is at eating his veggies, he'll decide he doesn't like them anymore!

Kimberly
    DS 3/18/04

i'm happy to report that DD now eats chicken and veggies again. guess it was just a weird 2 month phase...
    K
    DD#1 05/09

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3