My son is addicted to his bottle! He won't use any sippy cup. I have a closet full of different brands and he won't take any of them.

He will use the 1st years disposable cup for a few minutes, then throws it at you. It's the only cup without a valve so he can get the water out of it. But he won't use it regularly.

He does drink well from a cup but we have to assist him. I can't have him going straight to the cup, he's not yet ready for that.

My doctor wants him off the bottle by 18 months, she says if we wait any longer it will only get harder.

Any suggestions?? I'm at a lost here.

Also, another problem we have is he will only fall asleep with his bottle. I know we created major problems here. He uses his bottle as a pacifier (won't take a traditional pacifier). Wakes up twice in the night for his bottle - I know another problem!!

Any tricks to get him off his bottle??? Any new sippy cups on the market we can try??? I've tried sport bottles and straws, he can't do the straw just yet.

Please tell me he's not the only 19 month old on a bottle!!!

Mare
Mom to TJ (2/04)

Edited to say: Tried all your tips, nothing has worked. He will only use the disposable cups (no valves). I have every sippy cup/straw cup on the market! My cabinets are bursting with cups! I just have this feeling he'll do it when he's ready to. This past weekend he drank a little out of the munchkin disposable cup. Not a lot, but a little fruit punch (which he's never had before) It's more of a game to him than a "beverage". I'm still open to any advise!!!