Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default DC distracted during dinner, want to eat right before bedtime

Anyone else have toddlers that aren't interested in eating during dinner? My DC just want to run around, play and do anything besides eat. Then when it is time to get ready to go to bed all of a sudden they are hungry and ask for food.

I would love to just say sorry, you didn't eat during dinner so now you will have to wait until the morning, but both of my DC are on the small side and DS is a terrible eater as it is so I hate to do this to them. The problem is that they are going to bed later and later now b/c of this.

Anyone have any experience with this?
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

wendmatt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: DC distracted during dinner, want to eat right before bedtime

DD does this sometimes. Have you tried putting dinner time to a bit later so they are more hungry. I find if I feed DD at 5pm, she doesn't eat much but if I hold off til 5.45 she eats much more. She will still refuse and do the bedtime thing sometimes but it works better for us. I agree then it's a nightmare getting her to bed (what's new there for DD!).