I've always been worried about Colwyn's weight - he's in the 10th percentile for height and way off the bottom of the chart for weight. His doctor has never been worried, but I worry. So, come mealtime, I have a hard time letting go when he doesn't want to eat much.

Lately, he's been acting up at the table - he'll put his feet on the table and push so his chair slides far away from the table. This is not okay with me, but how do I get him to stop? It's not like I can tell him that if he does it again dinner is over, because to him, that's a reward. And if I tell him he has to keep eating and slide him back in towards the table, he'll just push backwards again.

So, what do I do? Should I truly not worry about how much food he's getting and just let him get down? Or do I have to resort to tying the legs of the chair to the table? ;)

Oh, and speaking of weight gain.. I've read all the previous posts on adding fat to a toddler's diet, but Colwyn wants nothing to do with it. He doesn't like ice cream, butter, steak, eggs, cream cheese, peanut butter, and he won't drink his milk if I add nonfat powdered milk to it. He doesn't like any kind of sauces on his food, with the occasional exception of mac 'n' cheese. He loves milk and cheese, but if he has too much, he gets constipated. Any ideas for other high fat foods?

Thanks!