Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    vikivoly Guest

Default When did you quit using bibs?

I still wear a bib on my 2 1/2 year old DD. I spend a lot of money on her clothes and don't want them to end up stained. My SIL and her daughter make fun of me for wearing a bib on her. My SIL's daughter has 3 year old twins, and they never wore bibs. I found that to be really strange, but they always act like I'm the odd one. So, when did your DC quit wearing bibs?

Default RE: When did you quit using bibs?

Hee! My 3 1/2 DD still wears one. She's a messy eater. :)

brubeck Guest

My DD started understanding about keeping her clothes neat just before she turned 4, which is when I basically discontinued the bib. I would still use it sometimes for stuff I KNEW would be messy.

DS is still using a bib (although I will occasionally be able to get away without one when we are out) and he is 2.5.

BTW the bib I use is the Baby Bjorn bib and it is AWESOME for teaching kids to drink out of a cup because it catches all the liquid that dribbles out. My kids would totally have been soaked if they did not use this bib when learning to drink from a REAL cup.

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DS still uses bibs most of the time at home and always at daycare. He won't wear the disposable ones in restaurants anymore though. He's getting a lot better than he used to be, but we still have some occasions where it is a very good thing he wears a bib!

Jennifer
    mom to Jacob 9/27/02

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My nephew who is 3 wore a bib last night when we ate dinner with them, no way will Sydney's bib go for a LONG time, way too messy !!!!

slknight is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'll be the odd-person out on this one. DS turned 2 in April and hasn't worn a bib in AGES. Honestly, I don't remember when he last wore one, but I'm guessing it's been at least a year. He doesn't seem to make much of a mess. <shrugs>

alkagift is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My son is younger, but he still wears one happily. My nephew, who is the same age, hates them and his mother takes off his shirt and puts a kitchen towel on his lap to protect his pants! When they go out, she just doesn't give him anything greasy or ketchuppy.

As much as I love nakie babies, I like my situation better!

Allison
    Mommy to Matthew Clayton, who is TWO!

g-mama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would love to put a bib on my 21 month old but for months, he has all out refused. The velcro ones he pulls off instantly. I got one that ties and he just yanks on it and screams. When he sees it coming, he just gets nuts and I finally gave up.

My older ds wore one til about 3.

Kristen
    Paolo 11-00
    Benjamin 8-03
    and a third one coming in december '05!

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD tried that for a while, and then when we got it on her, she'd rip it off quickly. We started to tell her "no bib, no food" at every meal. Every time she took off the bib, I moved her plate to the other side of the table. When she protested (since she hadn't eaten very much, if anything, yet), I'd put the bib back on. It only took a few days of this before we had NO fighting about the bib at all.

Sarah
    Alex 3/02
    Catherine 8/03

We're pretty loosey-goosey about the whole bib thing, always have been. She gets food on herself with or without the bib (this is the kid who goes to daycare in a onesie with clothes over it and still has sand in the waistband of her diaper -- she's talented). When we're out she often wears a bib with a pouch to minimize falling food. At home, we put a bib on her for yoghurt or soup, but mostly she doesn't wear one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast