Thread: plates, etc

Default plates, etc

I'm pondering getting DS (2 1/2) plates, etc of his own. I confess that I have always just put his food on his tray or used a plastic bowl for things like apple sauce. His silverware consists of take and toss spoons and our salad forks.

I thought I might start working a bit on table manners after the holidays and that cute "big kid" things might be a good idea. (Maybe a Valentine's day gift.) Obviously, nonbreakable is key and I'd want several sets so the stuff couldn't be too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

shartemink Guest

Default RE: plates, etc

We've been happy with the IKEA kid's tableware. We have the KALAS plates, bowls, and utensils. The rectangular plate is great for placing food not too close together for picky toddlers. The forks are a little too sharp for toddlers imo. We are planning to add the cups to our set as we transition away from sippies. The set comes in fun colors and the price is very cheap!

Sam
    Mommy to Matthew
    March 2004

sarasprings Guest

We use corelle as our everyday dishes now because our others are too hard to replace. They make a child's plate that has 3 sections. We have 4 for our son and then he uses the dinner and bread and butter plates, too. I think they were $3 each at the outlet with buy 3 get one free. The small bowls that came with our original sets are a nice size. My favorite, though, are bowls I've found at garage sales that have high sides and a handle. They are very easy for him to grasp.

We have a tile floor, so corelle breaks usually if it falls, but I know other people with wood or vinyl who have absolutely no problems during falls.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just bought a set of the IKEA stuff and it's great!

~ deb
    DS born at home 12/03
    2 year check up: 25 lbs with clothes on and 35 inches!
    BFARed for 20 months and 6 days
    (Breastfeeding After Reduction is possible! www.bfar.org)

http://www.bfar.org/members/fora/sty...onths-bfar.jpg