Default How long can you use a high chair?

My son is 22 months old. I'm just wondering how long we'll be using the high chair. I have no problem with it continuing to sit in our kitchen. And he has no problem sitting in it. He hasn't really ever been offered alternatives. Snacks & all meals are in the high chair only. We have the Fisher-Price Healthy Care Deluxe high chair. I guess I'm wondering when he'll outgrow it or what will be the factor of making us move him to the table. He's 28 lbs & 32". I'm NOT eager to move him to the table! He needs that tray & needs to be belted in. ;) So my question is, "How long can I keep him there?? How old is too old?" ;) (I know some kids refuse to sit in them... but let's put that factor aside for now, as that isn't the case for us at this point.)

Thanks! :)

stefani is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default RE: How long can you use a high chair?

Well, my son is almost 30 months old, and he still sits in high chair :-) One of his friends already sits in a booster chair.

I am not in a hurry to move him out of the high chair, so he can sit in there until he doesn't fit in it anymore :-) He is ~29 lbs and 34.5 inches now.

If you have a younger child then usually they get moved from the high chair when it is about time for the younger one to start using a high chair.

HTH.
    Stefani

Mommy to DS born 5 Sep 03