Default Lunchtime suggestions for toddlers???

I am really at a loss as to what to give my 15 month old DD at lunchtime. If you could please share what you feed your toddlers at lunchtime I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: Lunchtime suggestions for toddlers???

mac and cheese(the micelina microwavable ones are great!)
    hot dogs, cut up really small
    frozen vegies microwaved
    frozen waffles toasted/ pancakes
    scrambled eggs(if you give her that yet)
    pasta with vegies
    yogurt(there are some great higher fat ones around)
    cheese
    bagels with cheese
    chicken noodle soup(we like the chunks and healthy choice are good and lower in sodium)

hth!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't thing of serving typical "breakfast" foods at lunch. That will really help because pancakes, french toast, etc. are things she likes the best. Thanks!!!

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

:) Kroger makes a really good multigrain frozen waffle that my DS loves(when he's in the mood for waffles, LOL).

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

This is a list given out by my DS's preschool for lunch ideas. Hopefully something may be useful to you.

Preschooler Lunch Ideas:

Cream cheese spread on graham crackers

Cheese sandwich cut into fun shapes

Cheese on a tortilla, rolled up

Spread flavored cream cheese on whole wheat bread

Whole wheat pretzels with a small container of cream cheese, apple butter or cheese dip

Grate cooked carrots and mix with other veggies and fun shaped pasta. Toss with salad dressing and serve cold. Pack in sandwich bag. Remember to include a plastic fork and paper plate in lunch box!

Fruit salad

Bag full of mixed cereals

Yogurt cups

Muffins made with whole grains and fruits, even carrot or veggie muffins

Fresh fruit- rub apple with lemon juice, fresh or canned pineapple, melon or kiwi slices

Crackers served plain or sandwiched with cheese, cream cheese, mozzarella sticks

Dried fruits- apricots, apples or pineapples

Tortilla chips with salsa

Cold meat loaf in bite size pieces

Cheese- gouda, cheddar, feta, muenster, provolone, mozzarella

Veggies- sliced cucumbers, grated carrots, sliced tomatoes (include ranch dressing for dipping!)

Bread ideas- tortillas, whole wheat, whitewheat, pumpernickel, crackers, hot dog bun, mini-pita, croissant

Fig newtons

Pudding

Anything in a pita- Taco filling with lettuce, cheese and salsa; Cheese melt, wrap in foil; Apples with cinammon, sugar and lemon juice in warm buttered pita, wrap in foil

-Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

This is an amazing list!! Thanks so much for sharing it. I really apprecaite it!