Default Healthy eating tips for kids.. a couple good articles

Msnbc often has the "10 ways to" articles. Here are a couple I thought were really good. Simple suggestions that can make a big difference for kids or adults. I know one major change I have been implementing since reading these is serving much more whole fruit instead of juice. I even juiced recently with a few groups of kids to show them what is left when juice is made that you miss out on. :-) They were surprised! Many were surprised to find ou they prefered fresh carrot juice to fresh apple juice too, lol! "Ew, too sweet!!!"

10 ways to keep your kids from getting fat
    Pediatric obesity on the rise, but parents can help make a difference
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/17624617/

10 ways to prevent raising a fat kid
    Nutritionist Joy Bauer shares her top tips for making sure your children eat enough healthy, nutritious foods without gaining extra weight
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11747978/

I know one major change I have been implementing since reading these is serving much more whole fruit instead of juice. I even juiced recently with a few groups of kids to show them what is left when juice is made that you miss out on. :-) They were surprised! Many were surprised to find out they prefered fresh carrot juice (60 out of 86 kids, we were tying in math with the health lesson ;-)) to fresh apple juice too, lol! "Ew, too sweet!!!"
    All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
    ~Abraham Lincoln~

duvie is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default RE: Healthy eating tips for kids.. a couple good articles

Interesting info...thanks for posting!