Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default thermos/water bottle for preschool

I posted this on the Lounge, but haven't gotten any replies--

My kiddos need to bring a drink to preschool starting in July, and I don't know where to get them the right thermos/water bottle. I would probably put milk in it, as they will have water at their snacktimes.

Anyone have a good water bottle/thermos that works well in a lunchbox?

Thanks!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

Default RE: thermos/water bottle for preschool

I was going to ask this same question!
    I want some type of water bottle, preferably one that will keep the water cold.
    Any ideas??
    Thanks!
    Linda

I have been looking for the same thing as my DD starts preschool as well. I have seen some thermal/insulated bottles at Target recently. I have a feeling more will be coming out closer to school starting. I have also been told TRU and BRU have insulated bottles with straws that are leak proof and that can hold milk, juice, etc. If you find anything that you like, please post and update as I know this is a hot topic this time of year. Thanks!

juliemiya Guest

I love the Thermos Foogo or Thermos Funtainers. It's a thermos with a soft sippy straw, and a pop open top. (easy for toddlers to open)
    I'm loving these... it kept my daughters juice cold all day. ..the ice cubes i put there in the morning, where still there at dinner!
    I loved them so much, I ordered myself an adult sized version! I t's great to have icy cold beverages when you're out and about.
    Thermos.com has an online store with a huge variety. You can also order them from amazon or target.com.

http://babytoolkit.blogspot.com/2007...and-foogo.html

As for which one we like, for my 3.5 year old, we like the Funtainer for the fun designs. These run about $14.99 online and at Target.

julie

Which one of the Thermos bottles did you order for yourself? I'm looking for something with an opening similar to a bottled water for myself.

I am finding it extremely difficult to find the Funtainer bottles. Does anyone know of any where else to get these other than the above mentioned places? I bought one in Target months ago and haven't seen them since. Target online no longer shows them.
    Linda

I use the thermos foogo for DS. (needless to say the funtainer for your dc) I put ice water in it to take to the beach and it stays cold for several hours. I bought it at Target.

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Target has a ton of Funtainers in their back-to-school section now. My local one does, and I've heard of others having them, too.

Can I put hot beverages in them? I will be out and about with my toddler all winter. I need something I can keep his hot cocoa in. Will this work? I'm guessing it will cause its a thermos.. but on other sites, it said for cold beverages only.. And how long will it keep his drinks warm?

And is it easy to clean?