Thread: WINDOW SHADES

PATTYC Guest

Default WINDOW SHADES

hI i AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF ADVICE RE: CAR SHADES- WHICH ONES WORK?
    i HAVE HEARD THAT THE ROLLER BRANDS POSE A HAZARD IF IN AN ACCIDENT.
    tHE ADHESIVE ONES DO NOT SEEM TO COVER MUCH AREA- ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Jennifer Guest

Default RE: WINDOW SHADES

This doesn't help you any, but I did not know about the roller shades being dangerous in an accident. I have the adhesive ones, but you're right, they do not cover much area, and they keep falling down!

tobymc Guest

I do tend to recommend the static cling kind, since the others have a nice rigid bar, held on by three tiny suction cups. I hate to think where that would go in a crash, and I remind parents of that all the time when I see them at check up events. Maybe you could use several of the static cling kind or investigate smoky colored contact paper? Just make sure you can see out the window enough for proper visibility.

IansMom04 Guest

Hi
    I'm not a car seat tech nor a state trooper, however I will pass along the info I was given by a State Trooper at a car seat check a year ago. He said that those tube car shades become torpedos in a crash, the suction cup does nothing to hold it in place in an impact. If you need a car shade at all, get the cling kind! He also said that the mirrors that suction to your windows so you can see your baby have the same issue. We got a large mirror at a local baby store that strapped, velcroed and pinned to the seat.. it seemed safer.