Juliet Peters Guest

Default toddler car seat%2Fboosters

Hi:

The only reliable recommendation I have found on a toddler car/booster seat is for a discontinued Fisher Price Model. We are in the process of buying a second seat for a second vehicle. We have a Britax roundabout, but don't want to spend the money for a second one of those puppies. Any suggestions would be helpful. He is 27 months and 32 pounds.

Thanks

tobymc Guest

Default RE: toddler car seat%2Fboosters

Try the Evenflo Apollo. It is the only combo seat around now that has some extras, like the Grow with Me did. It has eps foam around the head area, a Memory Harness, and a few other things. Since I think that ease of use is one of the most important factors in a carseat, these "extras" often make for a safer seat.

The Cosco Summit also looks good, but watch your son's shoulders. You can try him in one in the store, but I highly suspect he'll outgrow the harness way before 40 pounds, maybe even now, so I don't recommend it. I mention it becuase aside from the top harness slot problem, it looks really good.

The Evenflo Express, or Grand or Ultra CarGos are also good. Really, any combo seat with a front harness adjuster and high top harness slots is good.