Tripple_E Guest

Default AIRPLANE - What seats work well?

We are going to be travelling to Florida in June, my daughter is currently 26 mos old, 30 lbs and we want to get a seat to take with us... we have a roundabout and expressway in our cars, but I want to get something smaller/lighter to take on the plane and use in our car rental. Anyone have any success stories? Thanks! :)

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: AIRPLANE - What seats work well?

I have successfully used my Century 1000STE on several plane trips. It is very light-weight and easy to install. I think the new version of this seat is the 1500 STE. I have seen this seat at Babies R Us and Target for $49. It's definitely a no-frills seat, but I think it is the lightest convertible on the market and great for travel. Good luck!
    -Lauren

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have traveled with out Roundabout many, many times, and I don't find it that cumbersome. There is something to be said for taking a seat that you already know how to use and install. :)
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Kathyo Guest

I second that. Not only did it fit fine in the plane, but at the end of the trip when everyone's exhausted or hyper, it's so nice to have a seat you can get into the rental car with a minimum of struggle!