peg Guest

Default Star Riser Comfy or Komfort Kruiser Better?

I currently have a Britax Husky for my 4 year old, and have a few regrets (weight, size, MUST use LATCH w/Odyssey Minivan cuz seatbelts too short, no head support while sleeping), the biggest being the price tag. I want to spend well under $200 for my 29 month old's booster and have read about the Britax Star Riser Comfy and the Jupiter Komfort Kruiser (both around $80). I would greatly appreciate comments from anyone who has either and whether they would recommend it. I used Britax Roundabout and Freeway in the past, but think I may have spent more than I really needed to for seats and hope to get more reasonable this time without sacrificing safety and comfort. Thanks!

CPSDarren Guest

Default RE: Star Riser Comfy or Komfort Kruiser Better?

Hi-

A few quick comments.

First, the Husky should work fine with the Husky's "reverse" seatbelt routing in a 2000 or newer Odyssey, except for the rear center position where the lap belt is too short. There isn't much belt to spare, but it does fit in my 2001:-) Also see my guide and photos:

http://www.car-safety.org/husky.html

How big is your 29 month old? As you may know, they should continue to use a 5-point harness all the way up to 40 pounds. If they are well under 40 pounds and you want a new seat in the near future, a combination booster would be a better choice.

For kids over 40 pounds and mature enough to use a lap+shoulder belt, I think both models you mentioned are good choices. They both work very well. I find the Kruiser to be a bit more comfy, but also bulkier and wider which could be a problem if you need to fit other seats right next to it. The Starriser can also be used with the base separately. The Graco Turbo and upcoming Britax Bodyguard are also options to consider in that price range.

I hope that helps!

Darren
    www.Car-Safety.Org