I am in dire need of a combo/booster seat for my daughter who just turned 3 years old in June. She is currently in a Britax Roundabout, but her 10 month old baby sister needs it right away since she has just about outgrown her infant carseat. My 3 year old is tall and skinny (41" tall and 30 lbs) and almost too tall for the Roundabout anyway (her ears are almost to the top of the seat). She occasionally still naps in the car.

I have been researching combo/boosters for many, many months and am basically on information overload. I don't think that the "perfect" seat is out there yet - one with open loop guides, good padding, sleeping support, easy harness adjustment, and reasonably priced to name a few needed features. I don't understand why companies continue to manufacture carseats without open loop guides. It would be nice to not have to worry about potentially dangerous slack in the belt. (Sorry, I just had to vent a little!)

I have narrowed my search to the Evenflo Comet, Evenflo Chase, Graco Ultra Cargo, and Graco Platinum Cargo, but note that none of these seats have an open loop guide. I don't want to buy another Britax due to the high price (I would have bought the Marathon instead of the Roundabout if it was out back then) and Cosco seats from my understanding have low harness slots. Should I be considering any other seats?

I was originally leaning towards the Evenflo Comet after buying the Fields' Toddler Bargains book, but have since read complaints about the EPS foam breaking off during installation. I have also read conflicting opinions on the sleeping support. Has anyone else had any experience with this seat?

Any insite on this would be much appreciated.