Default Combo, BPB, or what for Grandma's Car?

Hi all!

I have a 3 1/2 year old, who is about 39" and 34 lbs. Her height is all torso. She seems to be uncomfortable now in the Evenflo Horizon V that is in Grandma's car -- shoulders squeezed, ears just about at the top of the seat. I need to replace it, esp. since her baby sister will seen need this seat rearfacing in Grandma's car.

Question is, what to go with? She rides in this car only very occasionally, but I want her to be safe in it of course. Do I go with a Graco Turbo Booster or Evenflo Big Kid? Or something else in that category? Or do I go with an UltraCargo or similar?

Suggestions are welcome. She is in a Husky in our main car, and an UltraCArgo in Dad's car. She's very good at listening (i.e. sitting properly) but does like to fall asleep in the car so I"m afraid she'll slump over in a bpb.

Thanks!
    Best, Nicole

Default RE: Combo, BPB, or what for Grandma's Car?

Hi Nicole :)

Well, it's up to you...are you ready to give up harnessing? Does she sleep much during trips with grandma?

I'd probably go with another Ultra Cargo, since you can probably get quite a bit more harnessing time, but you might want to try it out in grandma's car before you buy it, to make sure it's going to fit well. Otherwise, the Evenflo Chase is a great choice, too, for both the harnessing and boostering later.

Good luck, I know it's a tough choice! (oh, duh, "baby sister" makes it an easier decision, lol...go with the Cargo or Chase now, which can be passed down later, and get her a dedicated booster like the Turbo or Big Kid later...that keeps everyone harnessed a good long time!)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx