diana Guest

Default next seat for toddler

hi everyone,
    my dd will be 3 in april and so far she has been using the britax roundabout. since i have been very happy with the RA, I want to put her into another britax next. my dillema is that i don't think i should go by weight, but rather by height, since she is 38 inches and about 32 lbs. what suggestions can you give me? i'm afraid she will outgrow the marathon in height before she reaches the weight limit.
    thank you all very much in advance for your suggestions. i have to move her pretty soon to another seat.
    tia,
    diana

Default RE: next seat for toddler

The height limit is 49 inches on the marathon. my 41 inch, 31 pound 4 yo dd fits comfortably REARfacing in this seat, and has years of growing room. I've seen very tall 6 yo's who fit comfortably in it, and my average 6 yo fits in it, too. she won't be 65 pounds till she's 8 or 9, probably, but that's the 99th percentile weight for a 6 yo, which is why they used that weight for that seat. It's a great seat, and you will get several years of use out of it, Or you could look at less-expensive combo seat, that harness to 40 pounds and have high top slots. the quality won't be what you're used to, but they are still safe and reasonably easy to use correctly. The Graco Ultra or Platinum Cargo is a great seat (not the Treasured Cargo, it has twisty straps and no front harness adjuster), the Evenflo Chase is nice, too. Any combo seat besides the Cosco/Safety First/Eddie Bauer seats, which have lower top slots than your roundabout, would be a great choice if it fits your car and you like it.
    Or, you can go "all out" and get a Husky, which is big, but will keep her harnessed probably to age 10 or 11 (80 pounds and TALL...I'm not sure of the height limit, but most 10 yo's really DO fit this seat). WE also have one of these, and my 6 yo LOVES it :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx