Default When did you begin using a BPB w/ DD or DS?

I was just trying to see at what age people started using BPB. I was planning to use a Husky for my son, because he looks like he has very little growing room in his Marathon. He only has about an inch before his shoulders are at the top slot. He is tall and broad for his age. He will be 31/2 next month. But now, I am thinking maybe I should just keep him in the Marathon until he outgrows it 6 mos to a year and then pass it down to DD. I do not think DD would ever need both the Marathon and the Husky, so I am thinking maybe I should sell the Husky (still in box).
    At 4 - 41/2 are most kids ready for a BPB?

Melissa
    DS 9/00
    DD 3/03

momathome is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: When did you begin using a BPB w/ DD or DS?

We started using a BPB when Liza was 4 years 3 months-old. At that point, she was mature enough to stay secure with the seatbelt and wasn't falling asleep so much in the car anymore. My 3 year-old dd is in a RA right now and doesn't have a lot of room left - I am not sure what her next seat will be. We have a Britax StarRiser Comfy booster for Liza and have been very happy with it. HTH!!!
    -Lauren

Default RE: When did you begin using a BPB w/ DD or DS?

My DS is almost 4 (born 5/00) and we use a Britax SuperElite (previous model of the Husky) as our main seat. We use a Graco Turbo Booster as a secondary seat when DS rides in a vehicle other than our minivan. We've been doing this since DS was around 3 years old with no problems. That being said, my DS is very tall for his age and right around 40 lbs at age 3 so we felt safe doing this.

Unless your DD needs the Marathon now, I would keep your DS in it until he's either to tall or your DD needs it. I ended up buying a Marathon for my DS#2 (born 5/03) and really like it. I use a Britax Roundabout (which was our primary seat for DS#1 until he got too tall for it) as a 'spare' seat.

Sarah.......mom to Jason (5/00) & Devin (5/03)