genlisaann Guest

Default Booster seat use

Hi! This question is for Julie...I just bought my son a Britax Parkway (after reading all of your recommendations on this board), and he loves his new "big boy" seat! =) He's 41 inches tall and 40 lbs. My question is: Is it safe to lock the seat belt when strapping him in? By that I mean pulling the seatbelt all the way out, and then letting it retract until it "locks" him in the booster? My husband and I have differing opinions and we could really use your advice. Thank you!

Default RE: Booster seat use

Go for it :) I like how kids really get locked into that seat when the belt is locked...my kids even lock themselves in sometimes.

But if he's sitting really well without locking it, then don't bother...the seatbelt will work as well for him as it does for an adult not in a booster, as long as he's sitting properly.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

genlisaann Guest

Default RE: Booster seat use

Thanks so much, Julie! We feel a lot better now. Riley fell asleep in the Parkway for the first time yesterday, and he looked soooooo comfortable...no slumping over at all like in the old Alpha Omega he used to sit in. Yay! Thank you again for your expertise.