onehipmama Guest

Default Need help deciding on a booster

My son will be 3 in March and is 40 lbs. He's basically grown out of his Roundabout.

I am looking for some ideas for a booster. I have looked at the Britax Bodyguard, but the sides look like they may be annoying to a child who wants to look out the window. The Stariser looks like it may have the same issue?

Would someone please help me by listing some good boosters?

Thanks for your help!

--Laura

onehipmama Guest

Default RE: Need help deciding on a booster

I actually decided on the Graco Turbo Booster, thanks!

He's too young for the Turbo Booster...the minimum age is three, and kids are much, much safer harnessed till they are at least 4 or 5...I would highly, highly recommend a harnessed seat that goes to a higher weight, like the Britax Husky, Marathon, or Wizard, so that he can be as safe as you can make him. (I wish there were other brands of seats that went to higher weights, but until springtime,when the Cosco Apex and Combi Acadia come out, Britax is all we have).

I hope I don't sound to preachy, but he's simply not going to be safe in a booster now, and I know so many moms who had no other options, years ago, who had to go to boosters, and it's really a bad experience to put such a young kid in one (reminding them to stay seated properly, watching them fall asleep and fall OUT of their seatbelts, head on the door of the car, unbuckling and standing up...and just the fact that their heads are so disproportionately large, and would be much better protected in a full harness)

Ok, sorry to ramble...it's just that kind of day :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

onehipmama Guest

Thanks for your insight, but I got the seat anyway.

My doc told me at my son's two year appointment to get him a booster as soon as he hit 40 lbs, because he's just such a big kid...height included. He'll be three in March, that's not too far away. If at worst, I will keep him in his roundabout a bit longer.

Thanks for the advice.

Your doctor needs some information on safer seats for heavier children...he is completely out of the child passenger safety loop. print him up the products page of www.britaxusa.com with the seats I mentioned so he stops doling out such dangerous advice.

:(
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx