Default Car seat recommendation for a big boy....

Hi!

Bryce is currently in a Britax Roundabout and is nearing the limits. He is 29 months old, 35 lbs, and 38 1/2 inches. I need help choosing his next seat.

I wasn't sure if he is mature enough to move to a combo booster seat now and when he reaches the weight limit remove the internal harness.

Bryce doesn't do well with change which is why I was thinking about the Marathon, but I didn't want to make that big of an investment if he was going to outgrow that soon. What do you think?

I also heard about the Combi Acadia, but I haven't seen any pixs and since it isn't out yet there isn't any "real" feedback.

ALL SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME!!!!

Default RE: Car seat recommendation for a big boy....

Gosh, he *is* a big guy :). Sounds like he might be 40 pounds quite soon-ish, probably before you're ready to put him in a booster.
    The Marathon would probably last you at least 2.5 years, maybe three, so I don't think it'd be a poor choice. The Husky would last a good long time, too, and is cheaper.
    You might have some time left in your Roundabout (before his shoulders sneak over the top slots in the plastic seatback) and you could hold out for news on the Acadia (a couple more months, I'm hearing), but there are great deals on the Marathon lately (like $185 with various coupons and ebates) and you'd really know what you're getting (The Acadia, with a list price of $149 plus shipping and maybe tax might not be much of a savings at all, really).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Wow!!! Where can I get a Marathon for $185? For that price I would definitely buy one over the Combi.

Last I heard, Babyage.com and babyuniverse.com have good coupons. Pop over to the "places to go: carseats" on the "baby bargains" side and they've got a few current deals posted. Fingers crossed they are all still working (start a new post if you can't find them, someone will post for you where the deal is :) )
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx