blue_cend Guest

Default Tall & Skinny 2 Yr. Old = Cosco Summit only?

Hi.

Can anyone suggest a combo booster seat for a tall, but skinny two year old? She's just over 36 inches tall and 28 pounds. She's pretty much outgrown her seat in height (shoulder's are about a half inch to an inch above slot), but I'm finding it impossible to find a seat that has a low starting weight.

The Cosco Summit has been recommended, but she's in a Cosco seat now which was an upgrade from another Cosco because of her height. I really don't want to purchase another seat I'm just going to have to replace in a year. Is there another seat out there that would be acceptable?

I'd appreciate any advice someone can offer.

Thanks,
    Karen

Default RE: Tall & Skinny 2 Yr. Old = Cosco Summit only?

The Summit would be a terrible choice for her :( Silly old Consumer Reports failed to test the two best combination seats on the market...very unimpressive...sigh...

Ok, enough ranting...what ARE these two seats that are great? The combination seats or "harnessed boosters" by either Evenflo (Chase/Vision/Traditions) or Graco (Ultra or Platinum Cargo). These have nice tall top harness slots (~17 inches compared to the Summit's less than 15 inches high) and have front harness adjusters. They have varying degrees of padding and sleep support, so go with the one more comfortable to your dd that fits best in your car.

You can also go with the Britax Marathon (see the link in my sig for my dd in hers...she's now forward facing, 36 pounds, 44 inches, and still has growing room in it at age 5), or the Britax Husky which will comfortably fit your dd till she's 8, harnessed. My 7yo ds loves his :) specs on those seats are at www.britaxusa.com

Any one of those seats will fit your dd well now, and they should all fit fine in your car, so go with the one you will use properly every time and is most comfortable for your dd.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

blue_cend Guest

Default RE: Tall & Skinny 2 Yr. Old = Cosco Summit only?

Julie,

Thanks so much for your recommendations. We'll definitely check those out. :)

Karen