cshepp Guest

Default Husky vs. Super Elite

I am leaning towards buying 2 of the Husky or Super Elites for my children. I know the Husky is replacing the Super Elite, but it looks as if it is much wider. I can't physically compare, so I was wondering if anyone knew. Also, has anyone had 2 of the Huskys in a Suburban? Would a third person still be able to sit in the seat with them? Or would they fit next to each other in the seat?

If I go with the Husky what would I use on plane trips? Would it be safer to use the Roundabout where her shoulders are just a hair above the slot or not to use a seat? I will be traveling next month, so I need to think about these things.

Thanks in advance!

Default RE: Husky vs. Super Elite

The Husky and Super Elite are exactly the same seat "shell" with the LATCH added to the Husky, and the Super Elite has been discontinued for almost three years.
    No, they won't fit 2 next to each other in your car, and no one else with fit back there with two Huskies.
    No, you cannot take them on a plane, they are too wide.

How old and heavy are your kiddos? Maybe the Marathon or Graco Platinum Cargo would be a better choice for you?

I love my Husky, but it's really massive.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

cshepp Guest

We have a store here that still carries the Super Elite, but not the Husky. I guess it is old merchandise.

Olivia is 4 years 5 months, 39 pounds. Payton is 3 years 3 months, 38 pounds. Right now they are in a Maxi-Cosi and a Roundabout. I want these next car seats to last.

When I fly next month, it will be with the 4 year old. Should I use her Maxi-cosi or nothing?

Thanks for your help!

Maybe they'll sell you the Super Elite for a deep, deep discount, given it is almost halfway "used up" already? (They expire after 6 years from date of manufacture).

It's up to you if you want to bring your seat on the plane for a 4 year old. Personally, I don't feel the risk is there, and I would chose not to, but many parents would, and they should be proud.
    I might tend to get a travel booster, either the compass that folds in half and can be stowed in the overhead compartment, or the Graco Turbo that you can bring the base on for the overhead compartment and pack the seatback....or you can risk "gate checking" your maxi-cosi...but sometimes even gate checked seats don't make it in good shape, and it'd be a bummer to lose it or have it destroyed :(. It will install nicely on the plane, and that may really just be the simplest thing to do, actually.

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx