mikamc Guest

Default What next booster should I get? Need advice, please!

Hi, I'm new here, but I love this website - so full of helpful information!

anyway - I would love any input available, as I am unsure of what to do next with our carseat situation.
    Here is the basic info.
    I have a 2004 sienna minivan (8 seater)

DD is 5 1/2 years old, 43" & 44# - currently in a Britax Marathon using the latch & tether (on passenger side).

DS is 2 years, 4 mo., 36.5" & 34# - currently in a Britax Roundabout using the latch & tether (in middle).

I am expecting a new baby in less than a week who will be in her brothers hand-me-down Peg Perego Primo Viaggio - at least initially.

my initial plan was to move my dd to the middle seat (to keep brother away from baby) and have them be 3 across, but we are now deciding to have an aupair who will need to ride in there as well & if they are all three belted & strapped in there is no way to access the third row seats unless the au pair climbs in from behind.

SO...
    given my DS is a big boy (& looking like he might be outgrowing the RA soon anyway) should I move him to the Marathon & get some sort of belt positioning booster for my 5.5 yearold? That way she can be in the middle of her siblings when she wants OR easily move to the third row to sit w/the au pair when she wants.

If that is the way to go, what is the best booster for such an arrangement? (obviously we like britax).

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated, I am just starting to feel panicky about this (probably b/c I am due in less than a week & I'm changing my thoughts about this last minute.

thanks for any or all help.
    Mika

Default RE: What next booster should I get? Need advice, please!

I do love the Parkway...so light, so easy to use properly, so easy to move around, so good for sleep support, so convenient for locking the shoulderbelt on a wiggly or sleepy kiddo, so nice to buckle without any armrests involved, so cushy and soft and well padded...

My 5.5 yo is just about too big for her marathon, and does pretty well in her Parkway....

Did I sell you on it, or were you sold on it already?

OR, you can get a Husky and permanently mount it in the third row for whoever wants to sit back there...

But the Parkway is really nice.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Does the Parkway have a harness or is it only used with a seat belt. I'm trying to decide on a backup carseat for my husbands car. Our 2.5 year old is only in my husbands car a couple of times a month so I can't decide what to get. I don't think he is mature enough for a seat that only has a seat belt restraint. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Colleen

No, I wouldn't put him in just a booster (which the Parkway is--no harness)...I'd get a seat with taller top harness slots and a front adjuster, like a Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Generations, and keep him harnessed till a full 40 pounds and hopefully at least age 4. Then you can hand that seat, harnessed, down to the baby, and get a cheap booster for your son.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx