Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: Need advice on Britax carseat/booster for son

Mommy to Jonah 7/17/03

Oooh, I'm so confused...
    Ds is 2 (tomorrow!) and is 31 lbs & 34" tall-
    he is currently rear facing in our Britax Marathon in the center of the backseat of my Honda CRV

He is starting preschool next month (I have to return to work after taking 2 years off as Leave of Absence)& I need to get 2 more carseats, as dh & MIL will be helping getting him to and from preschool...

Do I just go broke and get 2 Huskies? Or go for the Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Generations? Can he be rear facing in Graco Platinum Cargo or Evenflo Generations?

Would any of these easier for 'older' MIL to get him into/out of?
    Dh has a Toyota Previa and MIL has a Chevy Trailblazer if this makes any difference?

TIA,
    ~laura in miami

Mommy to a sweet baby boy Guest

Is your ds going to be in either of these two cars for extended periods of time?
    Do you plan on harnessing your son to the maximum limits of the seat and maybe buying a husky anyways?
    Are you planning on having any more children that you would be able to pass these seats onto?
    Do you have a baby store nearby that you could take your son to try out him sitting in these seats, that you could try the instalation, the buckle, etc?

The platinum cargo and evenflo generations are both ff combo seats that can be used with the harness from 20-40 lbs and without i believe to like 70- i could be wrong on this # though.

if you could let us know about this info it would help us help you decide what to do.

Thank you for your reply!
    I will answer your questions

>Is your ds going to be in either of these two cars for
    >extended periods of time?

He'll be in the car going back & forth to preschool, about a half hour trip each way & maybe some other errands.

>Do you plan on harnessing your son to the maximum limits of
    >the seat and maybe buying a husky anyways?

I'm on the fence about the husky...I would like to harness ds to the max limits of the seat

>Are you planning on having any more children that you would be
    >able to pass these seats onto?

I would like to have another baby this time next year :-)

>Do you have a baby store nearby that you could take your son
    >to try out him sitting in these seats, that you could try the
    >instalation, the buckle, etc?

Does Babies R Us Carry these seats? If so, then yes.

>The platinum cargo and evenflo generations are both ff combo
    >seats that can be used with the harness from 20-40 lbs and
    >without i believe to like 70- i could be wrong on this #
    >though.

Thank you for your time!!
    ~laura

Mommy to a sweet baby boy Guest

I think that since you have a ds who could inherit the seat/s you could buy your ds one marathon and 1 husky. This way when your younger child outgrows his roundabout/when it expires- whatever comes first- you will have the MA for your younger ds.
    Do you know when your RA expires? If it is the next year or two i would buy your older ds a MA-or two if you need two. Then when it expires you can put your younger ds into the MA and you can buy your older son the husky. If your RA does not expire anytime soon i would buy your older ds 2 huskys. This way he can use them untill your next child is ready. It is very confusing to figure it out like this but you want to get not only the full use of the carseat from the child but also from the life of the carseat.
    Once your older ds is around 6/7 if he is in the husky you can move him into a low back bpb and move your next child into the seats.
    I do not believe that babies r us carries the husky. Do you have any baby boutiques or nice baby stores that carry it. This would just be to try your son in the seat and to try the seat in your car. I would reccomend purchasing whatever seat you buy online because you can get much better prices online unless a store is having a major sale!

hth

>I think that since you have a ds who could inherit the seat/s
    >you could buy your ds one marathon and 1 husky. This way when
    >your younger child outgrows his roundabout/when it expires-
    >whatever comes first- you will have the MA for your younger
    >ds.
    >Do you know when your RA expires>

thank you for your reply!
    I have a marathon, not a roundabout- the previous poster has the roundabout, I've got a marathon:-)
    anyway, I *think* Im going to go for the evenflo generations/bolero...& maybe a husky,too...
    I just love our marathon!
    Thanks again,
    ~laura

Mommy to Jonah 7/17/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2