Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mamatodaniel Guest

Default RE: info about Recaro Young Sport- help from a tech?

I'm really disapointed...I was hoping for 18-19" so I could feel comfortable purchasing this seat. But in truth, it doesn't sound like the harness height measurements are any different than most of the other seats out there. I hate spending the money for the Marathon when I cant end up converting it to a booster....and the Husky is just not an option for us. Sigh...

Well, hang in there a little longer... Your ds is at the age where his legs start growing faster, and torso slows down a bit, and you should get at least a few months or longer in your Roundabout...maybe something else will come out? He's not too big a fella, so I imagine he'll outgrow the height of the Sport at about 40 pounds right when he gets too tall for it at age 4 or 4.5, and the plus about the Sport is that it is a much better booster than the Graco or Evenflo seats, and much higher quality. Still, like I said, who knows what's coming out in the next year or so, maybe "just the right seat" will be on the market for you to try :)

Lisa, THANK YOU for remembering to post back here! I wish I could buy a Sport...I'd LOVE if it had a 50lb weight limit and 19 inch slots, lol...then I'd have one for sure (but as it is, my 40 lb 6 yo is really too tall for her 17.5" Marathon slots...sigh...)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

threerugratz Guest

Julie
    I really wish the Sport had 19" top slots too! My ds is a lightweight, has 5 more lbs to go before he reaches the weight limit and I had hoped to keep in the harness until he was 7, but he may not make it heightwise. If the slots were 19", he would have plenty of room. Oh well, guess I have some decisions to think about.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2