Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default RE: 39 in, 34 lbs, 3.75 yrs, what seat for DS?

Did you consider contacting Recaro to ask about a longer harness? They DO realize they have an issue and may already have longer harnesses in production...it's worth a shot.. But, the Regent is a fine seat, too (my leggy 8 yo has heaps of growing room, even though he's 52 inches...kids are all built so differently!)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

thing1andt2 Guest

I am curious about the harness on the Recaro as well, so if you find out anything can you post it here?

Out of curiosity, how does the harness system work on the seat, ie what is the highest shoulder strap height?

I have very skinny 3 year olds, only 27lbs. I know they will need to be harnessed for a very long time, and growing too tall for the harness is more of my concern than any seats weight limit. For that very reason, I like the looks of the Recaro. I think it looks less babyish than say the Britax and considering they will probably be harnessed years after their friends I thought it was something I should consider.

I would appreciate any thoughts on this or any of the Britax seats. We have RA now. I am not concerned with rear facing, or future child use.

Top harness on Young Sport is 16", only 1/2 inch more than RA.

http://www.elitecarseats.com/Recaro-...port.pro#specs

Click on "specs".

suebee828 Guest

In the literature that came with the Recaro, I believe that it said the harness would work for children up to 40" tall. (My son is no longer only 39", closer to 42".) One thing that DH and I observed separately is that the buckle seems to be set back farther on the Recaro than on the Britax RA. So, even if the harness is actually longer on the Recaro, it seemed to be more difficult to make it reach the buckle.

To me, the harness of the Recaro seemed to work very much like that of the RA.

As far as being babyish -- you never know how they will react. My son loved his RA and did not want to give it up for a booster. As noted above, we had purchased a Graco TurboBooster, and DH ended up switching back to the RA. DS knows that his friends have boosters, as I have given them rides. Unlike DS, his friends have younger siblings and their mothers said that their older children actually weren't happy about giving up their seat to the younger sibling for the booster, presumably b/c that was "their seat".

I do agree that the Recaro looks cool, however.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2