Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Naomi S Guest

Default RE: Which seats for 3 y.o. triplets?

Hi Jennifer,

Wow, that is a coincidence! Do you post on the Triplet Connection? What is your screen name there?

We don't have to fit all three seats across, so that left me with more options than you will have. I chose the Britax Regent seats. They look absolutely HUGE, but I like that the harnesses fit kids up to 80#. My kids may be going to middle school still wearing a harness, who knows?!? LOL

I didn't look at the specific measurements for the Recaro Young Start. This may be a great seat for having all three side-by-side, b/c with the head wings, plus it looks like there's wings by the arms, the kids will pretty much have to keep their hands to themselves.

I about ebates.com from another forum. You sign up (which took just a second to do), then when you purchase stuff from certain websites, you get a percentage of the sale back. I ordered our seats from babyuniverse.com, and I'll receive 6% back - in cash! It's not a fortune, but maybe I'll be able to treat the kids to a nice lunch out.

Good luck choosing the right seats for your family. I don't know why, but choosing car seats for my kids has been one of the most difficult decisions out of everything. I love living in America and having so many choices for products to buy, but sometimes it can be so overwhelming!

Naomi

Are you looking at the Start, or the Young Sport? That might account for the differences in measurements? The Start is a booster-only, the Young Sport has a harness to forty pounds, then becomes a booster. Harnessing is obviously more ideal for 3 yos and way easier to buckle them up... Read down for posts by "uccomama" and "3rugratz" and see what info they have posted about the Young Sport, they are probably more accurate than the usual retailing webmaster.

Good Luck!!!
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 2 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

SusanMae Guest

I have to say this because no one else picked up on it...or if they did--didn't mention it.

Children should NOT wear their big heavy coats while sitting in the car seats. The coats would compress in an accident and they could be in harms way. Put on sweatshirts and have fleece car blankets.

Besides who wants to be in a heavy jacket in the car when the heat is on too.

Susan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2