>As a booster, the Generation/Bolero is a better choice. That
    >being said, my mom has a Chase that she can use for my dd (3.5
    >Y.O. 42", 31 lbs) as a booster and for my 1 Y.O. niece as a
    >harnessed seat. She has had not troubles using the seat as a
    >booster and finds it easy to buckle and it keeps the seatbelt
    >positioned well on my dd.
    >I guess it would depend on how much you wanted to spend
    >because the Chase is much cheaper and if the vehicle has a
    >reasonable recline in the seat, you don't need a recline bar.
    >Joni CPST

How does she use it both ways?

Default RE: Evenflo Chase vs Generations/Bolero

I think the issue with the harness adjusters on the generations/bolero are when it's secured in the seat... because of how low they are. I can do it one handed in the house with a child in it, but not in the car... in the car, I often have to push on both of them and then hold one down while I pull on the harnesses.

I only paid 62.00 for this seat and it'll let Jeffrey keep his (formerly RUthie's) Marathon until he outgrows it, so it's not a big deal to me... especially because it can be used as a booster in dh's car once Ruthie is 40lbs (buick's seats slant so much that I'm not worried about not having deep sidewings)

However, I wish they would raise the knobs, because it would definitely help adjusting the harnesses, especially for those who don't have a lot of hand strength

Kat

Default RE: Evenflo Chase vs Generations/Bolero

Well, I just went to TRU to look at this again (Generations) and the one on display was totally messed up! The lever to loosen the harness didn't work and the knob to tighten was over tightened, I guess. The straps were pulled tight and I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to loosen them. The booklet was there so I looked for a troubleshooting page and there was none. *sigh* I looked around for help but couldn't find anyone and they probably would have been clueless anyway.

BTW, I also looked for the Apex bacause I keep hearing it is at TRU, but it's not at this TRU!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2