gaby Guest

Default Booster seat for 2006 Mustang GT?

My DH is planning on buying a Mustang later this year. I want to get a booster seat for my DS (5 years old, 47 pounds, tall) to use in the Mustang. Does anyone know whether the Britax Parkway or Graco Turbo booster would fit in the Mustang? The seats in the back are kind of bucket-like. Perhaps a backless booster seat like the Cosco Apex would fit better?

Please respond if you have a Mustang and found a booster seat that works.

For my DD (two-years old) we plan to use her Britax Roundabout. I hope that will work.

thanks,
    Gaby
    mother of two

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Booster seat for 2006 Mustang GT?

I had a '99 Mustang until just after ds was born and boy that back seat was tiny! Putting an infant seat behind the front passenger made the front passenger seat completely useless because it had to be moved forward all the way. There really is very minimal legroom in these cars. I'm not sure how a f/fing booster would fit or if you could use a backless one because it might raise your child's head and shoulders above the back headrest which wouldn't be safe. You might try looking at the harness vests that kids can wear instead of a car seat (see link below). Something like that might work if a regular booster seat won't.

http://www.familyonboard.com/Ride_Safer_Vest.html

hth.

gaby Guest

Default RE: Booster seat for 2006 Mustang GT?

Thank you so much for the information! That harness vest looks really cool, and I had never heard of it before. That might actually work for us in the Mustang. Thanks again.