Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lrgeller Guest

Default Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway

My son is 4 and over 40 pounds and it's finally time for him to be out of his Roundabout.

I am deciding btwn the Graco and Britax -- anyone have an opinion on WHICH IS BETTER?

THanks!

Scatterbunny Guest

Default RE: Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway

I'll start off with the differences between the two: the Turbo has armrests, the Parkway does not. The Parkway's wings (both head and torso) are much deeper than the Turbo's wings. The cheaper versions of the Turbo are not as padded as the Parkway. The more expensive versions of the Turbo are very well padded (but we've only owned a cheaper version so I didn't get to compare, side-by-side, the padding level).

My preference is the Parkway, for a couple of reasons. My 4.5 year old has used both, and she prefers the Parkway because it is easier for her to buckle herself (though it is still very difficult for her). The Turbo's armrests just get in the way (the belt is routed under the armrests). She used a Turbo first and then switched to a Parkway and does not miss the armrests at all.

I like the deeper wings, especially around the torso, they seem much more protective to me, and the Parkway was actually designed and tested in side impact crashes.

The cupholders on the Turbo are nicer, deeper (sometimes larger cups fall right out of the Parkway's cupholders on corners), but this is a minor annoyance.

Here are my comparison pics of the Turbo and Parkway: http://photobucket.com/albums/0603/s...20Comparisons/

Are you sure your son is mature enough to use the belt positioning booster properly at all times (not wiggling out of position, not putting the shoulderbelt behind his back, riding properly the whole ride)?

Hope that booster comparison helped some!

kate4478 Guest

I can't see any pics. :-( It keeps asking me to login to upload my pics! Is there another way to view the pics? TIA, Kate

Joni Guest

I'm one of the few out here who personally likes the Turbo more. I have a well padded version (4 actually) and although the Britax has no armrests for Grandpa to work around, I really like the Turbo, and having to buy 4 the price was much friendlier for me.
    JONI CPST

lrgeller Guest

Which is the more padded version?? How do I tell?

Joni Guest

Simply by touching the seat you can tell. One thing to look for is the seats with a cover that wraps around the bottom of the seat with holes for the cup holder rather than the cover that just covers the spot where your child sits. If you get one that has a reversible cover or the GracoPedic cover you're getting one of the most padded versions out there. The specialty designs (Princess, Buzz Lightyear, Flower Power) all have relatively well padded seats.
    JONI CPST

lrgeller Guest

Thanks so much -- useful info :)

Scatterbunny Guest

Ugh! I reorganized my photo albums and apparently all the Turbo vs. Parkway pics were deleted! I'll work on that and try to post back soon.

Scatterbunny Guest

Default RE: Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway--fixed the picture link

lrgeller Guest

Default RE: Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway--fixed the picture link

I think I HAVE to go with the Graco -- for now at least. I am expecting my third and don't think I can fit an infant seat, Roundabout and a Parkway in the backseat of my Highlander.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast