Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Scatterbunny Guest

Default RE: Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway--fixed the picture link

The Turbo measures 16.5 inches wide, the Parkway 17 inches wide...BUT the Turbo's armrests actually make it more difficult to buckle next to another carseat, especially in three-across situations. The Parkway is about the most perfect booster for three-across/tight spots because there are no armrests to get in the way of buckling. We had the Turbo next to a harnessed seat in the middle of my two-seater middle bench (minivan) for awhile and it was horrible to get your hand underneath the armrest to buckle the seat. The Parkway is now in that spot and it's much easier.

lrgeller Guest

WOW -- that's really good to know. Well, I went and ordered the Turbo b/c it was on sale somewhere. I can always move it to my husband's car when #3 arrives in July.

THANK you so much for all the info.

Lea

Yeah, the Turbo is almost always too bulky for 'three across' situations, the Parkway is more streamlined. It is also actually tested for side impact protection and containing the head in a severe side crash... the Turbo is not tested that way (it's probably not bad, but we don't know for sure if they won't test it!)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Joni Guest

Anything is possible! I have had 3 Turbo's across the backseat of my husbands GMC Canyon 4 door truck. It was tight and it required one of us crawling into the back to buckle them but we did it and the girls weren't in each other's space. The Canyon is a small 4 door so anything is possible plus, the price is nice!
    JONI CPST

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2