Default what comes after MA???

I am incredibly confused - have searched through past message and pulled out my book but...

DD is 2 1/2 (33 mos) and must have a very tall torso - She is pretty close to the top slots on our Marathons, although only 33 pounds.

What do we get next? Is there a seat with higher slots (Husky? or something else?) Is sounds like a seat/booster combo would be short lived becuase the booster part isn't the best. I hate to get a cheap seat and have it drive me crazy after used to MAs but also hate to spend too much since we splurged on the MA's figuring that would be it for a while (but will buy whatever is needed for safest and easy to use)

I think she needs to stay harnessed maturity wise but do we even have the option of a booster at this age/size? Is the booster limit based on state laws, age, and/or weight? - I have friends who have 2 y/o in boosters (not that I would do that but is that even legal?)

If this has been covered before please help me find it - sorry to have so many general cluless questions.

Michelle

Default RE: what comes after MA???

The MA slots are close to the combo seat slots so if your dd is outgrowing them i would reccomend a Regent. Its slots are ~2-3 inches taller than the MA.

BTW did you check the slots of the MA with the slots in the shell, not the slots through the cover. Sometimes the cover will move and make you think she is too big but not really.

HTH

Ilana

http://lilypie.com/pic/060218/pBEG.jpg[/img][/url]

kellyotn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

An easy way to check is to use a ruler and stick it thru the cover into the slot. That way you can be SURE you aren't just seeing cover, as it does slide about. If she's at or above, yep, she's really tall and I'd get a Regent. But, if she has an inch or so, it may take a LOOOONG time as now I bet she'll starting doing all her growing in her legs. My daughter sat right AT the 2nd slots for a year (from just over two to three years). I checked her all the time thinking she'd have passed it, and she held tight. But, she burned thru jeans like crazy - they would get highwater overnight! :)

Yup, her legs WILL start growing.... :)

Here's older/bigger kids in the MA and Husky, to give you an idea of growing room http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/FFalbum.aspx (my dd's in the yellow MA, she's wearing a 6/6X shirt there, for reference)

The Husky/Regent, Radian, and Safeguardseat are all taller than the Marathon.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Thnaks you guys are great - I'll have to get the ruler out tonight. The link to pictures helped too because I was thinking she needed to really be under the slots and it looks like even worst case scenario we'd have room becuase she appears to be a smidgen below them (and that's without making sure it's the slot, not the cover)
    Michelle