smiyashiro Guest

Default Booster for almost 5-year old

Just when I thought I was done researching gear, we need a booster for our son who will be five in May. We assumed we would get another Britax for our Ford SUV, but seems there are too many options. Our son is approximately 42 inches & 39 lbs. Space is not a worry (he is our only) and we are willing to pay more for quality if needed. We have a Marathon for the Accord-- can we keep using that?

Any suggestions PLEASE? Thanks so much!

Default RE: Booster for almost 5-year old

You can keep using the MA till his shoulders are above the top slots... you probably have at least a few months or a year left (not that I've seen HIM in the seat, but based on averages!).
    Do you want to keep him harnessed in the Ford, or are you ready to move to a booster (he's a decent size and age for a booster, but 5-pt harnesses are still safEST, but boosters aren't UNsafe if he sits properly...I hope that's clear, lol).
    The Britax Regent and the Cosco Apex are good harnessed choices, and the Britax Parkway or Recaro Young Style are really nice boosters (the Graco Turbo is fine, too, but the first two are actually designed for awesome side impact protection, the Graco is untested for side impacts).

And if it matters, my 8 and 6 year olds are still harnessed in Regents for most trips (they have Parkways in our other car, or a Recaro Start), and adore their harnessed seats (Regent).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx