aimers Guest

Default Does anyone have a Recaro?

I was reading reviews on it and I came across one drawback, the big wings on the side (for the side impact protection) seem to inhibit looking out the window. Has anyone noticed this? My son loves to look out the window, and as we take long car rides it's an easy way to keep him entertained. How much of a problem is this?

sdjeppa is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Does anyone have a Recaro?

We just got one to use in the grandparents' cars...so far, DS loves the seat...its only been used twice, but the wings didn't seem to bother him a bit. He has a MA in our car, so he's not used to them. It did help that we told him it was his race car seat ;).

Jenny, Mommy to Zachary 9-27-03

aimers Guest

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm hoping BRU has them in the store so we can go see one and let my DS sit in it. He will LOVE the fact that it's his race seat!

I think kids like them...lots of kids just call them 'pillows' and pretend to go to sleep immediately (they often have the same reaction to the Britaxes with the wings).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have a Britax Boulevard which has side impact protection wings much like the Recaro's. We started using it when ds was 32mos old. Before that he rode in a Cosco A/O most of the time which basically doesn't have anything to lean his head against. He loves the Boulevard. Currently he's riding r/fing in it so I don't know how much of a difference that makes.

hth.