Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Check out the new Jane's....

http://www.janeusa.com/indyplus.htm

These were supposed to be here in May 2005, so this is really exciting news to us old-timers :D.

Now I'm really going to be wracking my brain trying to decide if a LATCHed in SIP booster is safer or less safe than a harnessed seat with no SIP for my 8 and 6 year olds (They are currently in a Regent and a Radian in my minvan, and in Parkways in daddy's escape--which has curtain airbags and a backless booster should be 'safe enough' in that car, but I'm obviously a worrywart).

If I see these at Lifesavers next week I'll post about it.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Default RE: Check out the new Jane's....

Love it! But, wish it went to 100 pounds. My almost 9 year old is a little on the stocky side, but to short to fit correctly in just a seat belt alone.

Do they ONLY LATCH into the seat or can a traditional 3pt belt also anchor them?

Amy :)

Scatterbunny Guest

You have to use the lap/shoulderbelt over the child like you would any other belt positioning booster, so the child is restrained. The booster itself would be LATCHed into the vehicle, if your vehicle has LATCH.

I wish mine did. :(

WOW! How much are they?

If you have to ask that, you aren't addicted enough to car seats! :D Juuuuust kidding!

If I were in Vegas, I'd bet about $150, but I'll try to find out for sure.

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

becca34 Guest

I'm curious why using LATCH isn't the norm for other BPB's? Doesn't it just make sense....?

Also, for a combo seat that does come with LATCH like the Recaro Young Sport, would I attach it to the car even after we remove the harness and use it as a BPB? Or no, because it's not meant to be used that way?

I agree. I think that it would make sense for boosters to have LATCH. All newer cars are LATCH ready, so why not make all boosters with it just like car seats. It seems so much more stable to me.
    Melinda

I agree. JMO, but I think it's just because they haven't spent the money to test it that way so that's why they give a flat "no". Maybe now that other seats allow it and people ask about it more, they will do the testing. And of course, a lot of people will do it on their own.

lindsey Guest

Here is some additional information that I found. I guess these can be ordered on-line. I am very interested, but buying one without seeing one seems kind of risky. They seem to have many different adjustments that are user friendly and appear to have a armrest that may fold up (?). Please pass on any additional information that you have on this cool booster. Has anyone seen one??

http://www.kindersitze-shop.de/inhal...f8617e4600bf36

Ok, sorry this link doesn't seem to work, but if you type in :
    kindersitze-shop it brings up the site showing this booster.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast