becca34 Guest

Default Recaro Young Sport review, and pics

We've been using the RYS for only a couple days now -- my daughter was very close to outgrowing her Britax RA in height. She's 26 months, about 38 inches, and about 28 pounds -- tall and skinny.

I'm posting some pictures below showing the angle of her head while sleeping, as well as a side view of the fit in the car -- thought it might be helpful for some of you making this decision. The seat is installed using the seatbelt in a 2001 Subaru Forester that does not have LATCH. It't not quite as rock solid as the Britax RA, but it's not bad if you use the recline funtion, which pushes out that black base you see at the bottom.

So far, I like the seat. It's very plush. It does seem narrow, snug and a little confining, but my DD doesn't seem to mind it -- I don't know if this is because she's thin. In fact, I can count on one hand the number of times she fell asleep in the RA in the last year, so I assume she's comfortable in this.

The harness loosening and tightening functions are very similar to the Britax -- not *quite* as smooth and nice, but close.

Hope this helps some of you!

Default RE: Recaro Young Sport review, and pics

Thanks so much for this post! Wow, that's a nice looking seat, I think. I hope you continue to like it and help us answer future questions about it :)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

duckbeav Guest

Default RE: Recaro Young Sport review, and pics

I have a RYS, too, for my 3 year old. The only two bummers about it is that one, it isn't FAA approved, and two, the straps do not accomodate bulky winter clothing very well. I really like the headrest, however, and have great confidence in the seat.