allyob Guest

Default New carseat or booster after the Roundabout? This is so confusing to me.

Hi...my daughter is currently in the Roundabout, she will be 4 this September. My 4 mo. old son is in his infant seat, which he will soon outgrow. I just assumed I would put him in her Roundabout and put her in a Britax booster, but now on these boards I see carseats that go up to 65 pounds. Should I buy one of those (I think it was the Marathon) instead of a booster? I thought a booster was the next step after 4 years of age, and now I am so confused.

Default RE: New carseat or booster after the Roundabout? This is so confusing to me.

I'm in nearly the same situation as you- my DD will be 4 in May and is quickly outgrowing her RA. I've been perplexed whether to get her a Britax Boulevard that will go to 65 lbs or get her into the Britax Regent that she'll be harnessed in for a long, long time. She's 38" tall and 38 lbs. My DD is ACTIVE and is clearly NOT ready for a booster. We did a trial test-run with the Recaro Young Style booster and it was quickly made clear that she needs to be harnessed. After more research and some crash test footage I'm committed to keeping her in a 5pt harness for a much longer time. We're still trying to figure out what car seats to get next. We have to buy for two vechicles so that factors in. BTW- the other Britax models with a 5pt harness that go to 65 lbs are the Marathon, the Decathalon & the Boulevard. The Regent goes to 80 lbs and is a massive but awesome seat. THere are other seats out there that also go to 65 lbs- the Sunsine Radian and the Cosco Apex. Much has been written about these seats in the past few months if you have time to scroll through and read some of the threads. Good luck with your decisions.

Let us know what you decide!
    Amy :)

Boogiemama Guest

Default RE: New carseat or booster after the Roundabout? This is so confusing to me.

Hi I am having a similar problem, but my 3 1/2 year old son is in a Britax Marathon and is so tall (like a 5 year old) that he has almost outgrown the marathon, even though he is not near the weight limit (I think he is about 44 pounds).

So I would like to know what booster seats work well, and if anyone has experience with the side protection vs no side protection on the head.

Also does anyone know if any are easier to fit side by side, like if I buy and extra so a friend can come home from preschool and be in the back with my 3 yr old, the 2yr old in her marathon and a second booster for the friend.

allyob Guest

I decided on the Marathon. I will put my son in her old Roundabout, which I believe is good for 5 years so I have at least a year and a half, and I will put my 4 year old in the Marathon until she demands to be in a booster like her friends! The Marathon just seems so much safer than a booster.

Just wanted to let you know that Britax seats are good for 6 years from the DOM sticker on your seat.

I think the MA is a great choice in your situation

Ilana

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]