Hammy Guest

Default Confused about which carseat

Our son is 2 and is 31 pounds and 37 inches tall. Currently I have a Roundabout in my car and a Triumph in Tim's car. We are looking for our next carseats but have NO IDEA where to even start. We thought about the Regent or the Apex but I really don't even know much about them. We want this to be the last batch of carseats that we will need to buy for him so something that is good for a while is a must. Cost really is not the most important thing to me right now.

Kristine

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Confused about which carseat

Just curious, where are his shoulders in relation to the top harness slots in his current car seats?

The Regent is definitely a better seat than the Apex, IMO. The Regent will probably last you until your dc doesn't need a car seat any more (8yrs or 4'9" (57") whichever comes first, is the current recommendation for moving out of a booster to a vehicle seatbelt only). The Regent also has higher top harness slots than the Cosco so your dc is more likely to outgrow the Cosco Apex harness by height before weight meaning you will need to change it to a BPB. Being harnessed is safer than being in a BPB but you will have to decide as the parent of your child what you prefer.

hth,
    Cheryl
    ds-4/21/03 (formerly in a Cosco AO, now in a Britax Boulevard, still r/fing).

jill123 Guest

My 3 year old DD has a Regent and we love it. It is the best seat we have ever had. It is easy to install and is solid...it won't budge an inch!

Just curious- is the seat LATCHED or installed with a shoulder/lap belt and if so with the long route or the short route?

I was doing a few trial runs installing the seat in a friends' car before we purchase our Regents and couldn't get it perfectly tight using either belt path, was discouraged & overwhelmed at the size of the seat (which is a good thing for safety), was simply curious how you have yours installed.

TIA!
    Amy

I own two Britax Huskies/Regents. Both of them are installed using the long belt path with the recline bar and tethered. Both seat are rock solid, they do not move at all. We have been extremely happy with these seats and feel that they are of exceptional quality.
    Melinda--mommy to Sarah, Kaylee, Jayci, & Davis
    ---------grammy to Trevor & Katie

jill123 Guest

We installed the Regent in the center of backseat in my Expedition using a lap belt and top tether. It is rock solid!

Hammy Guest

We have the harness on the top slots if that helps you any. The top slot is still above his shoulders.

Kristine