Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    lrgeller Guest

Default Which is NARROWER: Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway??

Which is narrower -- the Turbo or the Parkway? I need to get 3 seats in the back of my Highlander -- an infant seat (GRaco) a Roundabout and a booster. I have a GRaco booster but it doesn't look like it's gonna work. I have heard that the Parkway is narrower. Or is there another, narrower one???

Anyone know?

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default RE: Which is NARROWER: Graco Turbo or Britax Parkway??

lrgeller Guest

Thanks. It looks like the Britax BODYGUARD is the only one narrower than the Turbo. Has anyone used this?

... But it has horrid lapbelt lockoffs that make it impossible in three-across :(...
    The Parkway definitely doesn't have armrests, as long as the side wings fit ok next to another seat (I have two parkways and an infant seat in my ford escape...they aren't TOO bad to buckle...the turbo would be impossible).

What age kiddos are we talking here? Could the one in the Turbo be re-harnessed in a Cargo or a Radian or Safeguard Go, perhaps? That makes things easier... or the new fisher price safe voyage booster (or old britax starriser comfy) might be narrow enough, or the Graco Cargo used as a booster (no armrests and narrow).

Just brainstorming, there...I always prefer buckling three harnesses than even a single booster if at all possible (been there, done that, trust me, it's easier on the knuckles, lol)

:)

Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lrgeller Guest

Hi there. I have a four year old in the Turbo, a two year old in the Roundabout and am expecting another. I tried to squeeze an infant seat in btwn the two, and it just didn't look like it was going to fit.

I had heard that the Parkway was narrower, but I checked on the chart that someone else posted, and it doesn't seem to be.

Agh.

would you be willing to get another seat with a 5 pt harness for either the 2 year old or the 4 year old. It is going to be hard to buckle a booster with a seat next to it because it will likely not give you alot of room to reach the buckle.

Ilana, aka Nana to my sweet nephew Avi

http://lilypie.com/pic/060403/hfNw.jpg[/img]http://b2.lilypie.com/h2bbm7/.png[/img][/url]

lrgeller Guest

I guess so... any ideas?

It depends on WHERE a seat is narrower, not the overall width listed in the database :). The parkway has no armrests, and the bodyguard has annoying lockoffs that might be impossible to do next to another seat...so it's usually a no-go.
    The Sunshine Kids Radian might be great for your 4 yo...it has tall top slots and goes to 65 pounds (my 6.5 yo loves hers...heaps of growing room) and it's VERY narrow down at the bottom. It's also a convertible, so maybe putting the 2 yo in it forward facing OR rearfacing (if the 2 yo is under 33 pounds) might fit very well. The Graco Ultra Cargo is very narrow and also works as a booster (again, no armrests make it a champ for easy buckling), and the brand new Fisher Price Safe Voyage Booster (or old Britax Starriser Comfy, they are basically the same and the same price) is also quite narrow as a booster.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

lrgeller Guest

Julie -

Is the Ultra Cargo narrower than the Cargo?

I will check out the FP Star Voyage and/or the Britax Starriser.

Thanks.

Lea

lrgeller Guest

HI again. I checked out the Star Riser. It seems to be 15.5 inches - does that sound right?

The Turbo is only 16 -- is there that much of a difference? Am I installing them too far apart?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast