Thread: 2nd carseat?

madibug Guest

Default 2nd carseat?

I have decided to get another MA for my infant daughter who will be outgrowing her infant carrier soon. My daughters are 3 years apart so this makes the most sense. My question now is, what would be the best way to go for 2nd carseats in hubby's and nana's car? My 3year old should probably go into a carseat/booster combo. Any suggestions? What about the baby? I would rather not spend a lot of money for the second carseasts for they will not be their primary seats.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

kellyotn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default RE: 2nd carseat?

The three year old is 30 lbs, right? The Evenflo Bolero is on sale at Sears/Kmart. Its a bit plainer version of the Generations. I think it $65 on sale, $80 normally. Its a nice harnessed seat, nice booster. Hopefully it'll take awhile for her to get to 40.

Or, Cosco Apex 65. It would harness for a long longer if it works in the vehicles with the headrest rule. It also becomes a very nice booster. Its on sale at Walmart for $100.

For the baby, a Cosco Scenera 5-point. $40-ish at Walmart (black/tan), Target (navy/light blue) and Kmart (brown). Its a very nice and long lasting seat for the money.

HTH!

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I concur. :)

Sears sells the Bolero now? Walmart carried them for a while but when I was looking for one none in my area had one in stock. I ended up buying it at Kmart for $90. Too bad I couldn't get it at $65. That's not a bad deal!

madibug Guest

Thanks! I will check them out.

Well, I don't know about regular Sears. The Kmart's near me have all remodeled and reopened as "Sears Grand" (I guess Kmart bought Sears last year).

Its still Kmart-y in that there's food and toiletries and a pharmacy, but they carry Craftsman lawmowers and tools and large appliances. "Kmart" is no longer in the name of the store.

I saw the Bolero there when it was still Kmart a couple months ago, but I didn't look for it when I was there last week when it was Sears Grand.

Clear as mud? ;)

momtoB is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Yes, totally clear. I had forgotten all about Sears buying Kmart!

Actually Kmart bought Sears! Weird.

http://money.cnn.com/2004/11/17/news...0/sears_kmart/

My husband did NOT believe me, he's a Craftsman devotee, and every Kmart we've ever been in is fairly blah.

I had to find an article proving it. ;)