Devo20 Guest

Default Read all your posts and still confused.

I know people ask this all the time but I have to ask again.

I have a 3 yo DS who is 38", 30-32 lbs and is in a Britax roundabout in our Honda Odessey and Graco in my VW Passat wagon. We also have an 8 month old DS who is still in his Graco snug ride infant seat but seems to be able to touch the backseats of both cars (he is 18lbs and 27 inches long). My plan was to get the 3 yo a new seat and move he little one into the Britax and Graco that I already have. From what I read it seems that my 3 yo is too little for a booster but that he may be able to be in one of those combo convertable boosters that people metnion in the posts.
    I need help!

PS we are not sure if we are done having kids(depends on the day!)

Devorah

Default RE: Read all your posts and still confused.

He's not heavy, so your main goal is yes, keep him harnessed in a seat with taller top slots than the Roundabout. Could be a 'combo' seat, could be a convertible, it doesn't matter, since you won't be using it as a booster, you'll be handing it down to baby, harnessed anyway.
    Soooo...seats with tall top slots include:
    Britax Marathon/Decathlon/Boulevard
    Britax Regent
    Cosco Apex
    Sunshine Kids Radian
    Evenflo Chase/Vision/Traditions/Generations/Bolero
    Graco Ultra/Platinum Cargo
    Safeguardseat (spendy, but niiiiice, lol).

Mainly you want to make sure he finds it comfortable and you like how the harness works...they should all fit in your cars just fine (I generally have my kids in a Regent and a Radian in my Odyssey...they are ages 8 and 6 and still fit and like being harnessed, if that's any help to know).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Devo20 Guest

Thanks so much for your advice. I know people ask these questions all the time. I appreciate you taking out the time to answer. I was getting worried when no one replied.

Thanks again!
    Devorah

No worries, I love doing this. Sorry I didn't check in here sooner (it's a little lower on the list of my 'board rotation', lol). Tell us what you end up with and if you need any help installing it!

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx