Thread: Joolsplus

tripletmommy2002 Guest

Default Joolsplus

I noticed that you have a Compass. I was wondering if you know what the difference between the B500 vs B505? I noticed that the B505 did not have TSIP only SIP and that the padding was more spare than what I saw of the B500. Is there a difference in safety ratings on the two?

Thanks

We drive in a '98 Expedition they sit across the second bench we have a third row option but no head rests.
    DD 1
    36.5 LBS
    40.5 in

DD 2
    38 LBS
    40.25 in

DD 3
    29.8 LBS
    38.25 IN

Default RE: Joolsplus

I don't have one, I didn't think they were worth the money (too big for small kids, too small for big kids, too wide for three across). The B505 and B500 are the same, the B510 is the one that is substantially improved.
    Here's a review page of the B500 http://members.tripod.com/uccomama-ivil/id10.html
    Do you have a lap or lap/shoulderbelt in the center of your Expedition? If you only have a lapbelt, I'd reconsider the Parkways...my kids both sit outboard and have no problems seeing each other, and if you keep one kid harnessed in the center in a seat with lower sidewings, it should be fine.
    Sorry to be such a harpy on the side impact protection...it probably isn't even really that big a deal in that car (though with no side airbags and higher incidence of rollover in SUV's in general, I'd want it, personally...)

Actually, if your kids are still that size, no WAY would I put them in boosters yet...of course, it's hard to update signatures.... but it's seriously harder to buckle kids into boosters than harnessed seats, anyway.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

tripletmommy2002 Guest

Outboard? Does that mean facing foward?

My girls shoulders have reached the top slot of the child seat of their Alpha Omega LX seats so last weekend we switched them to the booster setting and raised the head rest on the seat. I just didn't like the seats now so I came on here to see if I needed to find a better booster/car seat or suck it up. I have agonized over getting a Regent ($250) for my kids so they can stay in the harness. And then I flip over to the other side and think Parkway ($100) is the way to go. Not just the cost factor but honestly 3 times $250 is a whole lotta and it does weigh in. I noted that the Regent doesn't go up as high in the back and since I already have kids with long torsos I ruled that out. Sorry long answer.

I put my girls in Pkwy this afternoon and yes the head rest thing is sticking our more than I like but than I started to think about how if they weren't looking at each other there might be less teasing and fighting as well....lol. Sooooo after seeing them in the seats I will be purchasing them tonight online. I really really want the TSIP protection b/c my kids are on the outside by the doors.

The measurements were taken in June when they turned four so they no doubt weigh more - my food bill is proof they are eating me out of house and home.

Outboard is just a short way of saying 'window seat'.

Heh, you could put the two big ones outboard and the little one rearfacing in the middle...except she'd kick them! (been there, done that... lol).

Yeah, sometimes that 'wall' of seat between them can add a lot of familial peace (and is really great for napping...it really holds kids up in place, usually).

(I know they are way spendy, I don't blame you, but my 9 yo has years of growing room in his Regent...it's short looking because it's low to the seat...he'll probably be out of the Regent and Parkway at the same size, but the Regent has better thigh support...not that he ever complains about that, lol)

tripletmommy2002 Guest

Thank you for all your help. I am excited to say I have purchased two new Britax Parkway (Tiffany style for my princesses). We will be decked out in pink. I will be shopping soon for my other daughter in the middle and see what I can purchase for her that will fit between to the two seats. I think the Regent will last us until she turns 7 like her sisters in their Britax since she is a year behind them in growth. I'll have to get my measure tape out and see what will fit before I commit of course to this. Dh will just choke over the price but I think he'll do it since it would save a ton not to have to get a larger SUV (like a suburban) since we lack head rest on the thrid row. I am still very against kids being in the back unless there is no choice. I know I am weird.

Julie thanks again for all of your information.

Might be easiest to squeeze a Radian in the middle, or Marathon, in terms of buckling the Parkways next to it. Regent *might* work, but it's pretty obese (17 inches in the very back/bottom where the seatbelt goes...the Radian is about 14 inches back there... but you can try with your AO, that'll give you an idea what's easy or hard to buckle next to).

Yep, new seats are always cheaper than a new car, lol.