camsmom Guest

Default Britax College Parkways...on hold?

Hello,
    I placed an order for a collegiate Parkway in July at Babyuniverse. I have just recieved an email that they are not expecting it to ship til 9-15. So, I went on Babycatalog and it states that due to extensive manufacturer delays, no orders are being taken at this time. What gives? Has anyone had this problem trying to get this seat? I don't mind waiting, but has anyone heard what the hold up is with Britax??

flipper68 Guest

Default RE: Britax College Parkways...on hold?

I haven't heard any official word. I have, however, spent three years in the office furniture business. It was not uncommon to have HUGE delays in the summer months from manufacturers (especially fabric and upholstery).

It is common in many industries to have summer shut downs, where the factory closes and under goes significant cleaning, refurb, and/or upgrades. I'm guessing this is the case for the Britax collegiate line. In other words, the delay is probably not Britax but one of THEIR suppliers that is causing the delay.

camsmom Guest

Default RE: Britax College Parkways...on hold?

I spoke to Britax today and they said they were having trouble getting the fabric right. They said that they should ship out September. I hope this is the case as DS has outgrown the marathon. I have heard that Britax is notorious for stating a ship date and then not coming through. But I hope I have it soon. Thanks for the reply.