lbess is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Default Nania Airway Belt Positioner Clip

Another seat, another question... I just took the toddler harness out of our Nania Airway LX this morning, as DD is now too heavy for the harness -- we'll use it now as a booster seat (it's our "other" seat; she rides most of the time in a harnessed seat with a higher weight limit.)

The user manual describes the use of a tethered clip for positioning the seat belt on the child's shoulder, but it makes no mention of how the other end of the tether is supposed to be attached to the seat! It has just a flat plastic rectangular piece at the other end (like an open rectangle with a bar across the middle that holds the strap), and I have not yet found a likely place to connect it to the seat. Anyone have an Airway with the belt positioner clip attached and/or know where it goes?

Thanks!
    Laura

Default RE: Nania Airway Belt Positioner Clip

http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=1024

I was hoping there were instructions in this review, but I guess not.

I *think* you have to attach it to one of the 'hinge' parts on the back of the seatback bottom, you might have to pop the back off the bottom to do so (I traded my airway for a stroller 3 years ago, and don't know anyone who liked it as a booster, since dedicated boosters like the parkway or turbo are superior in fit, comfort, and ease of use, though I'm sure the airway is plenty safe :))
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

flipper68 Guest

Just another thought: Do you even need to use the clip?

Try your child in the seat w/o it - as long as the shoulder belt isn't against the neck or falling off the shoulder, you're good to go.

Also, I have an Airway, but I use the shoulder harness clip in my car (the elastic bungee w/a plastic clip thingee).

lbess is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I tried slipping the clip through the hinge, but there wasn't anything to keep it from slipping back out. It's just odd that the manual doesn't even mention it. If I can get an answer at their 800 number, I'll post it...

No big deal, as she is tall enough that the clip doesn't really make much difference (and I expect that DS will be taller, if we still have this seat when it's his turn!) I don't think it's going to be used very much as a booster, anyway, since DD (and DH) very much prefer the backless booster for Dad's car, and she only rides in Nana's car very occasionally. In my car, where she is >80% of the time, she's still riding comfortably harnessed. :-)

Thanks!
    Laura