Thread: Radian 65

avd3875 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Radian 65

After two months of research, I finally decided on a new carseat. I just bought the Sunshine Kids Radian (65lb limit). I finally saw some pictures of the Radian 80 and figured that I would need to remove all that extra padding in order for my almost 3yo DS to use it. I spoke to someone at Sunshine Kids this morning and she confirmed what I had read on a few websites, the height limit is still 49". With a price difference of almost $100 I decided to go with the 65. It is highly unlikely that my DS would be close to 80lbs and still under 49". I've only owned this new seat for about 2 hours, but I am very pleased, so far. Just like the SK website says, you can fit 3 across. The Radian is currently outboard in my ver small RAV4 (next to the centered Roundabout). That means I can have another child without buying another carseat! The guy at the store (a CPS tech) installed it easily in about 2 minutes.

Thank you all so much for your great information and advice! Julie, thank you so much for telling me about the Radian. Knowing that you own one convinced me that it must be a great seat!

Annemarie

PS - I'm going to remove the RA and put the Radian in the center. Are there any recommendations for storing the Roundabout until possible future use?

Default RE: Radian 65

I would put it in a bag and (if possible) vaccuum seal it or at least seal it.

Then I would keep it somewhere that is heated and cooled as the bulk of your house is, so that as little wear and tear is done due to heat/cold.

closests are best.

I am glad that you called SK about it.
    I'd talked to them before the seat came out and they'd told me there were no changes in height or size, just that it had since passed to a new weight and some small structure changes had been done to allow that.

I don't see how any kid would be 80lbs by that height, or even 65lbs by that point, unless there was a weight problem or something.

Default RE: Radian 65

<huge sigh of relief it fits in your car>
    Nothing worse than loving a seat and recommending it and then it doesn't work for someone else! So Yay!!!!

Yeah, no point buying the 80 for a toddler...maybe a newborn.. glad you saved the money.

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx