Default Best Booster Seat?

If you could choose any booster seat on the market, which would you recommend and why? As when we were shopping for a convertable seat, we are overwhelmed by all the choices out their. Any info is apprecaited. Thanks!

Default RE: Best Booster Seat?

I like the Britax Parkway. My kids find it very comfortable, it's incredibly easy to buckle and move from car to car. I like the Side Impact Protection.
    The Recaro Start would be our second choice, but it's incredibly expensive, heavy, and rather hard to buckle. On the plus side, it has great leg support and doesn't have an expiration date. It does require a top tether.
    The Jane' Indy Plus or Indy are very nice *providing that* the belt guide works well with your car...it tends to clamp the shoulderbelt wrong in some cars, and there's no way of knowing which ones will have a problem till you try it.
    The Compass B510 is pretty nice from what I understand, and it folds up for easy travel.
    Finally, the Turbo Booster is nice, but the only one on the list not actually tested for Side Impact Protection, and frankly the armrests pose a lot of problems for people unaccustomed to proper seatbelt routing (ie, people get it wrong...a lot... I don't like to recommend seats that people can so easily misuse).

Remember, no matter how low the starting weight limits and age limits (30 pounds, age 3, 38 inches), it's safEST to keep children harnessed to at LEAST age 4 and 40 pounds, preferably age 5, 6, or even longer, so be sure not to rush into a booster seat right after the average-sized convertible (which most kids outgrow before they are physically ore mentally mature enough to be safe in).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx

Thanks so much for the information. I also checkout out the Web site link at the bottom of your post. The info. was very helpful. We have been very happy with our Britax Marathon seat, and based on your feedback I think we are going to stick with the Britax brand and go with the Parkway booster when our DD is ready. Thanks again!

Maybe your MA will fit long enough that the new Monarch can come out, I think they have it listed somewhere on the Britax site, and the prototype I saw is nifty, if kind of wide in the shoulders.

Good luck with whatever you decide on.

jillybean66 Guest

Hi,

Do you know when the Monarch is due to be in the stores?

Thanks!

September is the buzz on the street... so I'd guess mid-late October, lol.