madibug Guest

Default Britax Marathon, Decathlon, Regent?

We have a Marathon right now for my 3 1/2 year old. My 8month old is almost ready to move into a bigger carseat. I love the Marathon and was thinking of getting another one for DD#2. Then I thought I might get the Decathlon because of the built in extra cushioning/support system. Then I saw the Regent and thought I could move DD #1 into that and give the marathon to DD #2. Any suggestions? Are there any real significant differences between them?

Thanks,
    Jen

katiesmommy Guest

Default RE: Britax Marathon, Decathlon, Regent?

How big are they weight wise? I have a decathalon, there have been some issues with the adjuster, but I'm thinking it's a batch thing because I've not had a single problem with mine. However, unless DD #2 is on the small side, the infant padding really isn't necesary. The Regent would be a great option, considering that DD #1 is already FF, because it would keep her harnessed for a long time. My sister, who is 9 now, just outgrew hers. Hope that helps you a little.

madibug Guest

My 8month old weighs 20lbs and is about 30inches. My toddler weighs 30lbs and is 38inches. My infant is pretty big so the infant padding my not necessary. That was why I was looking at it.

katiesmommy Guest

Yeah, the infant padding is probably not necesary, your 8 month old is about the same size as my 17 month old (she's small) and we took out the padding when she was about 15 lbs or so, when she was about 14 months. From there it's a debate, your toddler seems pretty small so she could be in her marathon for the next 2 1/2 to 3 years, until she's six. The Regent would last her for the next six, if you went that way, so figure until she's 9 or so. It kind of just depends on if you want to keep her harnessed as long as possible or if you think she'd be okay at six to sit in a booster.