judkat Guest

Default 2 1/2 year old outgrowing Roundabout

Hi,

My daughter has nearly outgrown her Roundabout. I was hoping she stay in it until she turned 3 - at which point I figured her sister (due in December) will have outgrown the Snugride and we could make the switch. But it looks like she may be too taller sooner. She's 36 inches but she must have a longer torso because she has maybe 1/2 an inch before her shoulders reach the top harness slots. I probably should have bought a Marathon... I'm thinking about the Cosco Apex 65 - but is the top harness strap much higher? I don't want to be stuck in a few months looking for yet another car seat.

Thanks,
    Judy

Default RE: 2 1/2 year old outgrowing Roundabout

The top slots are about 2 inches higher in the Apex... and the Marathon, and Graco Ultra Cargo, and Evenflo Generations, and Recaro Young Sport, and Fisher Price Safe Voyage Deluxe, and Sunshine Kids Radian... But 2 inches taller in the shoulders at your dd's age should be at least 2-3 years harnessed, then you can pass this seat down to your baby and get her a really nice booster seat or a Regent (regent's the tallest available, great seat, but since you have 'handmedownability' and another long torsoed munchkin on the way, I wouldn't buy it just yet).

:)
    Julie CPS Tech and mom to 3 in seats
    http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/RFAlbum/SarahMA.aspx